Finedon Hall is a Victorian country house in Finedon, Northamptonshire. It is a Grade II listed building.
The core of the house is 17th or 18th century, and was extensively remodelled by William Harcourt Isham Mackworth Dolben (1806-1872). Datestones indicate a range of different building phases: 1855, 1851, 1856 and 1859. The architect is unknown, but is likely to have been E. F. Law of Northampton. Mackworth Dolben was himself an ‘enthusiastic’ amateur architect. There is also a range of fine ancillary buildings: the Museum Tower, the Bell Tower and the Old Chapel, also listed Grade II. The estate was landscaped with advice from Humphry Repton. Until its dramatic collapse in 1951, the estate was home to the well-known monument, the Volta Tower.
From Wikipedia Read More >>